Gingher 7-1/2in Pinking Shears
Gingher's top-selling scissors with a reputation among dedicated sewers and quilters of being the best tool investment they can make.
Every sewer's must-have cutting implement to provide a ravel-resistant edge to fabric. Cuts a perfect zigzag edge on fabric to prevent unraveling. Knife edge blade grind effortlessly cuts through multiple layers of fabric from joint to tip every time. Serrated blade on one edge assists in gripping delicate fabrics such as silk and rayon. Blunt tip on blades will not snag fabrics. Durable double-plated chrome over nickel.
- Timeless, artisanal quality since 1947.
- Expertly crafted from premium, forged steel for effortless, precise cutting.
- Ultimate craftsmanship
- Utilizing centuries-old methods, skilled technicians hot-drop forged shears from high carbon cutlery
- steel, then grind, polish and add hand-tuned tensions points for ensured longevity and flawless
Every sewist's must-have cutting tool, these shears provide a ravel-resistant edge to fabric, keeping
your projects looking crisp and clean. The bent handle also holds fabric
flat for smooth, accurate cuts.
TIPS AND HINTS FOR MAINTENANCE
- Selecting the right scissors for the right task is critical for optimum results and avoiding damage to your scissors. Only the safety point pocket scissors, featherweight household shears or one of the paper craft scissors are designed for cutting paper. All other scissors are designed for cutting fabric and/or thread.
- To avoid damage to the blade setting, never force a cut if you sense resistance. You may be using the wrong tool for the task, or your scissors or shears may need sharpening or repair.
- Store your scissors carefully using a fitted sheath or case.
- Be sure to fasten pins outside the cutting area to avoid encountering hard metal or plastic objects that might damage the scissors.
- Periodically wipe the inside blade surfaces to keep them free of lint; add a small drop of household oil at the assembly point to maintain smooth cutting action.
- Consider applying a light coating of oil on the scissor blades and edges to prevent rust, especially if you live in a coastal area, use the scissors in a humid environment, or want to store them for a long time.
- Wash Gingher Kitchen Shears by hand never in the dishwasher. Dry immediately.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|